A few years I had a wonderful client of mine ask if it was possible to receive Google Calendar invitations that were sent to her other email account, such as a forwarder or other email provider.
I have updated this post to account for Google Calendar updates.
We quickly resolved this by using 3 easy steps:
- For your alternate email address(es), create a Google account or login to an existing account.
- In Google Calendar, select the calendar you want to share to and click ‘Settings and Sharing’ icon (three vertical dots next to calendar name).
- Under ‘Settings for my calendars’, click ‘Access permissions’.
- Under ‘Share with specific people’, click ‘Add people’ button and enter the alternate email address.
- Change permissions to ‘Make changes and manage sharing’ rights.
Your Google Calendar should now accept invitations being sent to your added email.
Google Drive shares will also be accepted that are sent to the alternate email address.
Please share any comments below if this worked or not for you.