April 6, 2023
Maintaining and securing your WordPress website is essential to ensure peace of mind and protect it from potential security threats. In this article, we’ll discuss some best practices for peace of mind maintenance and security updates for your WordPress website.
With Clean Web Colorado’s ‘Peace of Mind’ Update & Maintenance Plan, you can leave the worry to us.
- Keep your WordPress core and plugins updated One of the easiest ways to ensure your website’s security is to keep your WordPress core and plugins updated. Regular updates can help fix any security vulnerabilities and bugs that could be exploited by hackers.
To keep your WordPress website updated, go to the Updates section on your dashboard and check for any available updates. You can also enable automatic updates to ensure that your website is always up-to-date.
- Install a reliable security plugin Another way to maintain your website’s security is by installing a reliable security plugin. There are several security plugins available for WordPress, such as Wordfence, iThemes Security, and Sucuri.
These plugins offer a range of security features, including malware scanning, firewall protection, and brute force attack prevention. Some of these plugins also offer premium features for added protection.
- Regularly backup your website Backing up your website regularly can help you restore it in case of any security breach or website crash. There are several backup plugins available for WordPress, such as UpdraftPlus and BackupBuddy.
These plugins offer automatic backups, scheduled backups, and remote backups to ensure that your website’s data is always secure.
- Use strong passwords and limit login attempts Using strong passwords can help protect your website from brute force attacks. You should also limit the number of login attempts to prevent hackers from guessing your password.
There are several plugins available for WordPress, such as Login LockDown and WP Limit Login Attempts, that can help you limit login attempts and enhance your website’s security.
- Secure your website’s login page Securing your website’s login page is another way to prevent unauthorized access to your website. You can use SSL certificates to encrypt data transmitted between your website and users’ browsers.
You can also use two-factor authentication plugins, such as Google Authenticator, to add an extra layer of security to your website’s login page.