Today I had a wonderful client of mine ask if it was possible to receive Google Calendar invitations that were sent to her other email account, such as a forwarder or other email provider.
UPDATE * 1.24.23
There are a few ways to share Google Calendar invites using alternate email addresses:
- Add the alternate email address as a guest: When creating a new event, click on the “Add guests” field and enter the alternate email address. The invite will be sent to that address.
- Add the alternate email address to the guest’s existing account: If the guest already has a Google account associated with the alternate email address, you can add that email address to their existing account. Go to the “Calendar settings” and click on “Guests” under the “Event settings” tab. Enter the alternate email address and click on “Add.”
- Forward the calendar invite: If you have already sent the calendar invite to your primary email address, you can forward it to the alternate email address. Open the invite in your email, click on “Forward,” and enter the alternate email address.
- Use the “Add to Calendar” feature: When creating an event, you can enable the “Add to Calendar” feature, which will give the guest the option to add the event to their calendar using the “Add” button. You can also include a link to the event on your website or in an email, so that anyone can access the event and add it to their calendar using the “Add” button.
It’s important to note that when you share a calendar invite, the guest will only be able to see the details of the event and the calendar if they have permission to do so. Make sure to adjust the privacy settings accordingly.
We quickly resolved this by using 3 easy steps:
- For your alternate email address(es), create a Google account
- Go into the sharing settings and give your primary account full management rights (the account you want all the events to show up in)
- Make the ‘Automatically add invitations to my calendar’ setting “yes”
Your Google Calendar will now accept invitations being sent to your added email.
Google Drive shares will also be accepted that are sent to the alternate email address.